Friday, May 1, 2015

Diavel=Devil




Rant: I read on one of the forums that Ducati purposely geared the Diavel higher for the US market than it is for every other location. (15 tooth primary chain sprocket on the US models, 14 tooth primary chain sprocket for everywhere else). I since confirmed it with Ducati. Going to a larger sprocket increases mileage...but who cares about that on one of the most powerful motorcycles on the road? Really, mileage? Apparently the US Government, in its infinite wisdom feels driven to tinker with the motorcycle. So one of the first swaps and modifications will be that offending sprocket. I'll come out of pocket to get the same one that is OEM in Europe.

Log Item: Today a member of the California Highway Patrol made a traffic stop on me/my scooter. I don't have a license plate yet, so that was his probable cause. It turns out that he is interested in buying a Diavel and wanted the inside scoop. No, I didn't get a ticket. The temporary registration has no place to go (no windscreen), so I keep it under the seat. But he didn't ask. 

6 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to describe how unsurprised I am that you got pulled over, in apparent defiance of the law, and not a single thing was inquired about other than how you bought your bike.
    You just exist on a different plane, don't you? One high above the law...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a fifty-something guy going from here to there on basic transportation. The officer thought that it might work for him too.



      Delete
  2. What i like about the Diavel (bike, not spirit) is its simplicity, and speed, of course.

    Sensible cop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike handles well and it looks good. Motorcycle cops understand that.

      Delete
  3. I have a feeling it's a good thing he didn't ask, as there surely is a plethora of weaponry under the seat as well as a few papers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naturally, I'd want the weapon handier than that...and no, he didn't search, but I have permission to carry so even if he had, no problem.

      Delete