Sunday, April 24, 2016

Overlook

Log Item: I don't always post photos of breakfast runs, but they are among the most fun just because the morning breeze, with the freshening from the ocean is always pleasant. I don't haunt the Overlook Roadhouse, but it's a convenient spot for breakfast for guys (and a few gals) on bikes. It's particularly busy on the weekends. I got a table next to the fence. 

The Overlook is located on State Route 74, and overlooks Lake Elsinore. For people who have visited this blog before, I've made at least one posting for Ortega Highway (hwy 74) runs before. It connects the City of Lake Elsinore and the City of San Juan Capistrano.

Since I left the Navy, I've made it a rule not to get cold, wet or hungry
unless I want to.

Other people's machines.




The She-Devil, sporting the new windscreen.


9 comments:

  1. That's what Sunday mornings should be about: Freedom, beautiful views, sunny days and bacon in your breakfast. Even if the rest of the day is bad, that kind of junket keeps you level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Sunday morning! I had the same meal for Sunday brunch, without the scooter, and the view... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was mighty good. The view and the scooter made it better.

      Delete
  3. I like your post-Navy rule and envy that breakfast. Keep on riding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad seat (either one of them). Enjoy the riding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are the "best seat in the house".

      Delete
  5. I thought Elsinore was the name of a dirt bike.

    And just remember, LL: being cold, wet and hungry was part of the excitement of being in the service. That, and when we were in our 20's, we didn't feel pain like we do now, so it was no big deal.

    ReplyDelete