Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stealth or Color?

Log Item: I've been giving some thought to doing a custom paint job on the bike, but it's difficult to improve on flat black. There is something about a stealth bike that defies color. A Confederate flag paint scheme appeals to me, but there are a lot of people out there these days who are dissatisfied with the War of Northern Aggression and might feel justified in keying my bike if I took that step.

You see Harley Davidsons with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on them all the time, but not Ducatis. I don't know if there is a mindset that I'm missing here?

Since I am not from the Southern US, there is really no need to put a Confederate flag on my motorcycle except to screw with "progressives" who either take exception or would rather forget the War of the Rebellion.

I have also thought of decorating the tank with a tasteful bronze lion rampant, or perhaps an eagle, but no matter what I come up with, I hate to mar the flat black perfection.

7 comments:

  1. What about a flat black/gloss black version of the Naval Jack? No color, but the flag's pattern in flat/gloss black. Might be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the Navy Jack, but not in the flat/gloss pattern. I like it. Let me think on that one.

      Delete
  2. CW's suggestion for black/black is sweet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a design for it right now. Then I'll have to cast about for an artist who can pull it off.

      Delete
  3. Isn't black too divine to let go of?

    P.S.
    aren't we always sugarcoating our worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised your Ducati hasn't been keyed by now, even in flat black. It's foreign, after all, and the local SoCal population are a mob of raging assholes on the aggregate that hate just about anybody not like themselves (I think Obama said that).

    Go with the Stars and Bars. Why not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foreign vehicles are popular in California. It might be keyed in Texas... My Ford Raptor is adored wherever I go. You don't see that many tan Raptors driving around -- and while Toyotas are more popular where I live, the Raptors still hold their own in the respect department.

      I'm working on a paint scheme for the tank.

      Delete