Saturday, March 19, 2016

Diavel and Elmo


Log Item: My daughter, Emilie, came back from Pensacola to spend the Easter holiday at home. Which meant that a run on the Diavel was inevitable.

We made the trip through inland Orange County (CA) and stopped for lunch at Cook's Corners. As I've mentioned previously on this blog, Cook's has been around since the late 1800's and is a mecca for people who like to run on two wheel instead of four. 

When we arrived there were two bands playing. One, on the back patio.




And another inside the dive bar.

Emilie
Emilie and I opted for hamburgers and Onion rings for lunch and we ate them on the patio while listening to the band. Pretty girls passed around shots of Jack Daniels to wind up the crowd but root beer was as exciting as it got at our table.

By 5:00 pm there could easily be 500 bikes present and the night will be rolling by 8:00 pm.


LL
















Then it was time to hit the road once again.

8 comments:

  1. Petty lady with an ugly old coot. But the time spent together is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you wear a wrist watch, LL. All of my watches are in a drawer, now. iPhones are the way most folks tell time these days. That, and in my business, wearing a watch and/or rings just gets them greasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breitling B-50 (Night Mission).

      I do take it off if I'm working on something, but don't always have my leash/phone with me and it's useful (for the OCD side of me if for nothing else) to know what time it is.

      Delete
  3. Well that looks like a proper cool hangout and I'd have easily succumbed to the JD and music and completely forgotten what time it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on, you want to drive an AM and get a job with MI-6. If you're on Her Majesty's Secret Service, you definitely need to keep track of time.

      Delete
  4. Family time and the wind in the hair... ALWAYS a good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is. Life is better on two wheels.

      Delete