Monday, June 15, 2015

Taking it Tactical (Part 1)

Ducati Monster (Diesel/JP-8)

Today, we're going to look at the Ducati entry, taking the place of the venerable Moto Guzzi in Italian service. 


This Ducati Monster XL - Diesel is designed for long range military service - with a loss of some performance, but no loss of style.


Do I want one? 

Let me put it this way, I think that I need one, but I don't know what I'd use it for -- however I could think of something.


Serbian Special Police Unit "SAJ"

Serbian Police fire while riding a Suzuki Gixer (GSX)
Specijalna Antiteroristička Jedinica Team B trains their counterterrorism operators in rapid assault while riding a motorcycle, however I question the tactical advisability of standing while shooting simply because it makes you a much larger target. Maybe the Serbians have enough spare operators where the loss of a few isn't a big deal? Maybe they're using the Suzuki because they are expendable? That would make sense.

MYSTERY QUESTION: The motorcycle below is based on which motorcycle? - post your answer here. The mystery will be revealed on "Taking it Tactical" Part 2.


Yes, it's one of those fantasy scooters. Their hearts are in the right place but dual mini guns are not optimal use of a motorcycle. I'm not a hater, though. I do like the look of the bike. I'd just like it a whole lot better if they were slapping them on a Ducati. That's a hint. It's not a Ducati.

Keeping it real with a tomahawk.
Ducati Streetfighter

Modified for military use




US Army guys rolling heavy in armor. Wouldn't you respect them more if they were riding on Ducati Streetfighters as part of a rapid strike force? Yeah, me too.


2 comments:

  1. It seems to me that on the Serbian bike, once you stand up and use both hands to shoot, you kinda lose forward motion. No hand on the handle bar gas thingie. Or is there a foot operated gas peddle? Going down hill, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take the spring out of the throttle grip so that once you have it set, it stays there until you twist it back.

      Delete