Monday, April 10, 2017

Time to Ride the Wind

Log Item:  I've been riding the She-Devil from time to time, but I've been neglectful as to the blog. The last time I was out, it rained on me - which isn't unusual anywhere but Southern California, what with the global warming and all. (One day we'll defeat the weather but until then the war and taxes continue...)

I'm also packing to move and that ordeal continues there as well as I strive to make my home a "model home" so that somebody will pay top dollar for it. Happily that struggle is coming to an end and it's a nice day. As I was out in the garage this sight greeted me (right). 

The She-Devil was saying, LL, put something exciting between your legs. When can I say no to that? So I laid down a bit of cardboard - and hoisted her on the rear rack to do the necessary chain cleaning and lube. 

The chain wasn't bad, but it wasn't perfect, either. I lube the chain more often than the manual calls for, but I've witnessed catastrophic chain failures before and they're not pretty.

First lube the chain, then I have to back the car down the driveway and curb-park it. Then the Dial comes out and she gets a good wash-down. The She-Devil is not a lesbian, so I did not take her down to the motorcycle dealership last weekend where they were giving away grilled hot dogs and "free" bike washes from young ladies wearing bikinis.  It's more or less a wet t-shirt contest and chair dance with bike owners tipping the young ladies.

Better that the TLC comes from me.

Where to ride today (while the world goes to hell in a hand basket - and me with the cell phone turned off)? Simple Simon's comes to mind. You can be forgiven if you don't live in Southern California and haven't been there. The sandwiches are good. I know that in the ultimate test, a sandwich is a sandwich (unless it's Fredd's Aunt Sally who made it), but it's lunch, I have to eat, and I'll take the long way through the orange groves in Southern Riverside. They're in bloom and the place is fragrant and beautiful.

So that's it. The bike is washed, the chain is lubed, and it's time for lunch.



5 comments:

  1. Tis good to be back on the open road again. Enjoy be breeze in the face and the bugs on the teeth (or shield if you wear a full head cage.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was splattered by bugs on the way out. By the time the day warmed up, it wasn't as bad, but I had to stop and wash my face shield.

      Delete
  2. I bet you put a smile on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well about bloody time! How dare you neglect such a beauty.

    Simple Simon's look like they knock a good sarnie up. Now they just need baked bean pots.

    ReplyDelete